Thursday, April 28, 2011

first ultrasound :)


Today we had our first ultrasound to check on the baby and date the pregnancy. I went into the appointment assuming I was 6 weeks 4days.

WOW the ultrasound was amazing. When it popped up I instantly knew everything was okay. There was the little one. The dr. measured it's body and it measured at 6 weeks 3 days and the dr. said that is perfect. He was also able to find the baby's heart so we could watch and hear it beating. What a sight and sound to hear. The dr. measured the heart at 115 bpm and he said anything over 100 was great to be at!

So Chad asked about miscarriages and the dr. said our chance is now less than
10%, he said it has happened, but looking at our baby and hearing the heartbeat he is confident it will all be fine. :)

I've also decided to call the baby my little snail. On the 3-D image the yolk sack was curled up and looked like a snails shell. Super cool looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment