Thursday, May 12, 2011

May Dr. Appt!

Went to see Dr. Brandes (thats her in the picture) yesterday for my May check up. I was really excited because Chad had the day off and was able to come with me. First we met with the billing department to talk about bills, how they are processed, and a ballpark of what to expect for charges. WOOO WEE! Better start saving, good thing we still have about 7 months left! After that I had to give a urine sample for the nurses to check and see if my UTI was gone. Turns out it is all gone :) The we got to see the Dr. I weighed in at 147 (gained about 5 lbs) and the Dr. said that is just fine and said to expect to gain about 25-30lbs by the end of the pregnancy. She also checked on my uterus to make sure it was growing appropriately. She said it seemed to be the right size for 8.5 weeks, so that was good. Unfortunatly, we didnt get to hear the heartbeat because she said that the doppler they use wont pick it up until 10-12 weeks and that my baby is too small and down too low right now to hear it. But she did say that every appt from now on, we will get to listen to his/her heartbeat. :) The other great part about this dr appt was that she really was meeting with us to answer a lot of our questions we had. She told me how I should be eating about 600 calories more than I used to daily. She said to keep caffine at a minimum, and to make sure I'm staying active (walking, playing sports, etc). So far everything appears to be great and I go back to see her in about 4-5 weeks for another check up.

No comments:

Post a Comment