Friday, August 26, 2011

Ouch... painful day

Today was a day full of pain and a day of tears.... I started off the day with minimal sleep. Last night was horrible, I woke up every hour not being able to breath without the shooting pain in my left ribs....so needless to say I was crabby. I decided right away in the morning I would go to the doctor after work because my rib pain only seem to be getting worse.

Went to work and found out training was cancelled because our trainer had a family emergency. What this meant was extra time for me to relax and work in my classroom to get ready for open house. Well, while walking to my classroom...I somehow fell down the stairs. Didn't really hurt to be honest, but was very embarrassing. Oh well got back to work in my classroom.

Well my rib pain continued to worsen and I was honestly not getting anything done so I asked my boss if I could just go to the doctor now (it was about noon by that time). He said I could so I walked to my car. Well on the way to my car I don't know if I got dizzy or if I tripped but again I fell. This time it hurt! BADLY! I skinned my right palm and (worst of all) tore my brand new maternity pants (this was the first time I wore them) and skinned my knee and part of my foot. I was so embarrassed yet again and in so much pain. I called Chad and my mom crying becuase I was hurt and sad about my pants. All while becoming covered in blood from my hand. :(

I went to the doctor to get checked out for my ribs and my "random" falls of the day. Just really wanted to make sure Elle was okay. They checked out my blood pressure first 102/70, so that was good. Then the doctor looked and put pressure on my rib cage. He was able to rule out any form of blood clot or anything to do with my heart, again good news. He did say that I probably have just pulled my muscle or am having muscle spasms from either sneezing while I had a cold the past few days or from just sleeping on it weird. He did say to keep an eye on it though because if any type of rash develops where the pain is it could be shingles (lets hope not, I had that once before and it's not fun). As far as my falls, he couldn't find a main reason they happened. My blood pressure was fine and I remember falling so it wasn't like I fainted. I blame it on now being more "top heavy" and wearing cute shoes (not practical shoes).

While at the doctor I did get to hear her heartbeat, 151 bmp. The doctor also measured my belly for the first time. It was about 25 centimeters and they say you should be as many cm as you are weeks (I'm almost 24 weeks). The down side of the appointment today: weigh in. 163! WHAT!!! That's 6 lbs in only 2 weeks. :( I have been eating carrots as snacks all week and eating smaller meals...and not spending all day in bed anymore...I don't know what is happening...that is too much weight too fast!!! :(

To some it up it was a painful day, but I think a bath is a great way to end it before bed. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes doctors are a little off on due dates. When I was pregnant, I got 3 different due dates 3 weeks apart-- my guesstimate from my "cycle dates," how big I was measuring, and my ultrasound. Everything is going to work out and you'll be a beautiful, yet slightly different MOM. Just remember-- you're growing a human. Your body is going to have to accommodate that, and your baby girl needs your strength and food right now. Whenever you gain a pound, try to think of it as Elle being a pound healthier. Accepting the changes to your body is really hard-- but when you have a new, healthy baby to give credit to those changes, you'll never trade it for your old self again.

    ReplyDelete