Saturday, July 30, 2011

Attempting to make something for the baby

Isn't it your "mommly duties" to make the baby something while you are pregnant? I feel like it is...so I found this blanket kit online. It simply said "EASY EASY EASY to make quilt kit". It says easy 3 times...It must be easy right? HAHAHA who am I kidding...sewing is never easy...but I'll try. ...
All of quilting squares came pre-measured and cut so that was a good start, and each square came with a matching flannel square to make sure the blanket keeps the baby warm. :)
Oh this dang sewing machine though is the worst thing ever! I hate hate hate it! Yes I said hate 3 times... I must really hate it. No matter what I do it doesn't work right, the needle wont thread, the thread gets tangled or the thread on the bottom of whatever I am sewing is all bubbly (but eventually I just figured...you wont see the back once I add the backing to the blanket...) But I do have to say, the more quilt squares I sewed... the better they turned out. :)

The finished quilt is 4 squares by 4 squares, and 4 different colors and I hope the baby likes its :)

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for giving it a go even though sewing isn't your strong suit! I have a moderate amount of experience and am going to be doing a lot of sewing projects over the next few months. In the end it doesn't really matter how it turns out. The baby will love it because it will be their first blanket and something special that "mommy" made for them! I hope your gender party is going (or went) well! I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl and see pics of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete