Sunday, July 3, 2011

Painting the nursery

I have been feeling GREAT lately! The past few days I have all my energy back. I no longer need to take
 naps nor do I just feel like I need to constantly be "resting on the couch". I decided that since I have been feeling so good I would paint the baby's nursery. When we moved in the house we purposely painted the room a pea green color because we figured it would one day be a "baby's room" and we didn't know if it would be a girls room or a boys room. Chad and I both decided that the green is nice but it needed something more so we got a brown paint to paint a stripe around the room. I didn't realize how much work a stripe around the room really would be. I had to tape off the 
stripe, measure it and use a level to make sure my stripe wasn't wavy...the taping was the hardest part. Now hopefully when I pull the tape off my lines are straight and the paint didn't soak under the tape.. Hopefully the combination with the green and brown will match perfectly with the bedding we bought for the room...and be gender neutral no matter what we find out we are having...boy or girl :)


Here are a couple pictures of the finished product. I think it turned out great! Can't wait to get a crib in the room!





No comments:

Post a Comment