Friday, July 15, 2011

Reading to the baby

Being almost 18 weeks pregnant, I read this online today:
"Around 18 weeks, he/she will cover his ears if loud music is played, and shield his/her eyes if a doctor peers into the uterus with a light.The child can hear and will soon recognize his/her mother's voice. The baby enjoys using the umbilical cord as his/her first toy through a series of grasps and tugs."

Can you believe soon the baby will apparently be able to recognize my voice!?! That is crazy to be. Will he/she think I always sound the way I do when I am yelling at Stella? Or will I have a "soothing" and "calm" voice to the baby? Oh my goodness, I have never thought so much about how my voice may be interpreted by someone else. Since the baby can now hear, I decided to read him/her a book. I read him/her "Sweet Dream Kisses". It's a super cute book I found at a garage sale last week. :) It's just interesting to know that this little thing inside of me that I can't see can actually hear my voice and will soon know me as "mom".

Stay strong little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment