Had another doctor appointment today. I was really hoping I would go in and they would just send me over to labor and delivery... (I knew this wouldn't happen realistically but a girl can dream right?!?) Well I got weighed first and found out I gained yet another 2 lbs (32lbs all together now). They measured my belly and this past week it really grew! I am 36 1/2cm now. The heart rate was in the 130s and sounded strong. She also checked to see if I was dilating anymore this week. Nope. Still only at a 1 1/2... but the doctor did say that the baby's head was "locked and loaded"! Apparently that means the baby's head is in the birthing canal, as low as it can go before she is ready to come out.
The plan now is to have my next appointment on Tuesday Dec 13. If I still haven't gone into labor by then we will schedule a day for me to come in to the hospital and start the induction process. We will schedule that for the 20th or the 21st....and then it will be time to have a baby! But who knows, maybe I'll go into labor naturally sometime before then!
Wow we have so much in common! I am dilated 1.5 cm. and his head is locked and loaded! My next appointment is on the 15th. I am hoping to not make it that far, my boyfriend thinks tomorrow [12/12]. They won't induce me until the 26th though.
ReplyDelete