Thursday, December 1, 2011

Work+ Accident+ Dr appointment = Stressful Day

Stressful day is to say the least about today.

At work today I asked my boss about getting me a sub for when I have the baby (less than 3 weeks) and they still haven't started interviewing or even posting the position. WOW that stressed me out big time. I know its their job to find me someone but it will be my job to come back in 6-8 weeks to that classroom, and I'm worried it will be chaos. The kids at school today were also crazy and off the wall. It was a long day. Then on my way home, (I had to leave right away today after school to get to my doctor appointment on time) I rear-ended someone on the highway in stop and go traffic. His car was fine (one tiny scratch), but I cracked my bumper and pushed my hood back a bit and was now going to be late to my appointment! Baby was crazy active all the way home but once I got to the dr she just stopped moving. I of course thought somehow the accident hurt her, which just added to my stress level for the day. When the doctor took the baby's heart rate it was only 120. It has NEVER been close to that low so needless to say I freaked out. The doctor continued to check me: I was measuring 35 cm, my blood pressure was still low 106/70, and I was even starting to finally dilate (dr said I was dilated to a "big 1 and that just meant it could happen any day from now to 3 weeks: haha). Everything seemed fine except for the heart rate. The doctor sent me to the OB department to have the non stress test done for 1/2 hour to monitor baby and baby's activity. I ate some crackers and drank some water but the baby's heart rate wasn't really increasing. In fact it was down to 110 at times now and I was having contractions consistently. The nurse said my uterus was very irritable and I needed to drink more water. Because of all this, I had to continue to get monitored too because during that first 1/2 hour I hadn't felt the baby move even 1 time. In the end I ended up being in the OB dept for over 2 hours and it wasn't until the end when I was able to calm myself down, take a few deep breaths that she started to move around and her heart rate picked up to the 130-135 range. I talked to Dr. Brandes and she said she felt comfortable sending me home.

So I went home and went straight to bed, not like I was able to sleep at all but I tried to relax now that I knew the little girl was okay. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment