Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The final countdown is on....

I had my last official doctors appointment today! I am officially 39 weeks and 2 days. I lost 2 lbs this past week, putting me back even with the 30 lbs total weight gain mark for this pregnancy. I am really okay with that but also so excited to lose it all as soon as baby is out. At the appointment today, doctor Brandes checked me again and I did make some progress. I am now dilated to a 2 1/2! So at least some progress. The doctor also stripped my membranes, which mainly means she stretched my cervix any ways she could to hopefully induce labor or at least tell my cervix it is time to start dilating more. We also schedule inducing me next week, pending baby doesn't come on her own. I am scheduled to go in on Tuesday next week at 9pm to start the induction process. I will start with something to get me to dilate over night and then Wed morning I will start the contraction inducing medicine....all with hopes she arrives by Wed evening. So hopefully we can guarantee by Dec 21 baby Ellery will make her way into the world... :) Can't wait to see and meet her!

Well now its 9pm and I'm having contractions, so maybe the stripping of my membranes did something productive to put me more towards labor... We will see if they continue or just stop in a little bit. As far as right now, I plan to go to work tomorrow like normal.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, I want to take this as a sign that I am close too!

    ReplyDelete