Wednesday, September 28, 2011

1 Hour Gestational Diabetes Test

Yesterday I had my 1 hour glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes or not.... I had to drink this lemon-lime flavored liquid prior to the test and honestly I expected it to be gross. Don't get me wrong... it wasn't great, but it wasn't THAT bad. It tasted exactly like flat mello yellow. The not fun part of the test was that I couldn't eat or drink 4-5 hours prior to the test...so much for lunch yesterday :( I was soooooo hungry on my drive to the doctor and I swear just becuase they told me I couldn't even have water...I was dying of thirst... But I got to the dr and they drew my blood and the test was over!

Chad and I decided to go break my fast at Red Lobster last night. Right now they have endless shrimp and I figured I could eat and eat and eat...WRONG. I had one plate of shirmp alfredo and parmasan shirm and I couldn't even finish that before I started to feel so full I was sick! So dissapointing.... but that first plate did taste good. :)

Today the doctor called me and said my test results looked great. My blood sugar was at a 109 she said and "normal range" is from 74-139. So I was glad to hear I fell right in the middle. :) I guess my body is processing sugar the correct way. Thats good... I better go have some candy to celebrate! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment