Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!

It's my birthday today!!! I am now officially 26 years old (oh my that means I am now closer to 30 than 20....I'm getting old!)

I spent my day actually getting to sleep in and it was great. I got tons of amazing texts from friends and family wishing me a happy birthday. Chad had to work this morning so unfortunately I didn't get to spend the morning with him. But when he did get home from work, he came home with TONS of surprises. :D He made reservations for dinner tonight at "The Melting Pot" in downtown Minneapolis. Its a fondue restaurant I have been wanting to go to but it's a bit spendy and we just felt guilty spending the money on it. He also had a sweet birthday card for me, a pack of licorice (yum) and an awesome, thoughtful necklace. It had a small bee charm on it, the letter E, and a small blue Dec birthstone. I love all the gifts that have to do with Ellery. :)

Dinner tonight was truly the best!!!! We started with a bacon, smokey flavored cheese fondue where we dipped apples, carrots, and bread into it. Then we had a salad, followed by the main course: shrimp, steak, chicken, tuna, and lobster all that we got to cook in a broth. The desert was the BEST! Chocolate/Caramel fondue that we dipped marshmallows, cheese cake and rice krispie bars in....MMMMM good! It was such a fun date and the best birthday ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment