Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dr appointment: 36 weeks

Went to the doctor tonight. It started off horrible.. in the past 2 weeks I have gained 4 lbs! WHAT! I am officially 30 lbs heavier than when I started this journey. :( Also at this doctor's appointment the doctor measured my belly. Now it is almost 34cm. Still smaller than I should be but doctor said she wasn't concerned because I am still growing from week to week. She said its common for first time moms to be smaller because their skin is more hesitant to stretch. Baby's heartbeat was also checked at this appointment: 150 bpm. :) Doctor says she sounds good.

This appointment was also where I had to have the Strep B test. It is a condition that doesn't affect me at all but if I am positive for it then it would affect the baby at birth. However they do have antibiotics that can prevent it from hurting the baby if I do have it. I just need to get the antibiotics before delivery. I will worry about that if i find out I have it. I will find out at my next appointment next Tuesday. I also had my first cervical check at this appointment. Dr. Brandes wanted to first verify baby was head down... Check! She was able to feel Ellery's head and is 100% sure baby is in the right position with her head down. She also checked to see if I was dilated at all... Here was her comment "WHOA your cervix is still WAY back there...and not dilated at all". So I guess baby is in no rush to join this world anytime soon....maybe next week there will be some changes being made or baby will start dropping....

No comments:

Post a Comment