Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bleeding....

So I got up and out of bed at 11:15 this morning (I know I was having a lazy Saturday in bed) and I had blood. Every time I would wipe, lots of DARK RED BLOOD. Im really scared, and called the ER because the dr isn't there on Saturday and they said they would call me back. All I can do right now is be scared, cry, pray and wait for them to call. I think I may just drive in, or else I may go crazy just waiting..


Update.... I went to the Emergency Room and they listened for the baby's heart rate and it was good, then checked my bleeding. The dr defiantly acknowledged that I was in fact bleeding but he wasn't sure what was causing it. His first theory is that my placenta was causing it. His second theory is that my progesterone levels is low (so we took a blood test to check that, and I will hear about it in 3 days.) I also got an ultrasound for reassurance and that really helped calm me down.During the ultrasound the dr pointed out that my placenta was low and covering my cervix (which could cause the bleeding) but it should move as my uterus expands.

The ultrasound was way different than the last one. This looked like a baby. It had arms, legs, a big belly, feet, and a huge head. The dr even gave a prediction of gender but I don't want to reveal it, in case someone is actually reading this blog. But either way it was exciting to hear potentially we are having a boy/girl. :) We will have to wait till our 20 week ultrasound to check if the dr's prediction is correct. Here is a great picture of our little one growing. Dr said it is ahead of schedule, measuring at 15w2d (I am currently 14w6d) and wouldn't sit still. The baby was crazy and moving all around, and it frustrated the dr when trying to get the heart rate (which was 158) because baby wouldn't sit still for the test! Oh hopefully crazy baby in the womb, means calm baby in the world :)

Currently almost 8pm and been off my feet since we got home from the dr. I took a long nap to try to rest and become stress free. It's hard though, I am very stressed out at the moment. Chad has been online trying to find other ladies in my situation and that has helped. We have found that about 1 in 5 ladies have a low lying placenta at 15 weeks and that it should move up in the next coming weeks. If it doesn't, its a condition called "placenta previa". I will know more at my 20 week ultrasound about this. I am still bleeding a little bit (which the dr said would happen all weekend) and every time I see the blood it makes me worry. I just hope it stops soon, I'll call my dr on Monday and see what she says. Hopefully, I will be more confident and reassured by the end of the weekend. Until then, I'll be off my feet and praying lots for this baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment