Thursday, June 30, 2011

Busy busy bee

I was a busy busy bee today. I was expecting a relaxing day by the pool with Amy, and that I did, but that was not it!

First to start the day off, I couldn't sleep at all! I was wide awake at 7am when Chad left for work. What is there to do at 7am I ask you? Yeah I suppose I could have cleaned the house, done the dishes, blah, blah, blah....but no thanks. I just stayed in bed watching tv till about 9am. Then I got up, and decided to be productive today. I went through our closet (finding things to bring to plato's closet and goodwill) and I sure found a lot that we both didn't wear. I actually filled 2 big garbage bags with stuff. So I brought them to plato's closet and actually made about $30. Not bad I thought :) I dropped the remaining stuff off at goodwill. (let me remind you, I did all this before noon, normally I sleep in till noon)

Next I went to meet Amy and sit in the sun by the pool. Today was a HOT summer day. It was 90 degrees and the heat index was at 110 degrees! Yikes. As you can guess, I spent most of the time in the pool, not tanning in the lawn chairs. (Even though I still did get some color on my shoulders). I stayed at the pool for a few hours till I just couldn't take the heat any longer.

Now I decided to meet Chad at Target. We wanted to pick up a bookshelf for the baby's room. Check! We found a cheap white one. It was perfect because we didn't need anything fancy, nor do we have the money to afford anything expensive. The best part, it was only $29.99, so my plato's closet money pretty much paid for it! :) After we got home, I decided I would attempt to put the bookshelf together all on my own. How hard can it be if I read and go by the directions? HAHA right....I thought I did great, the shape was right, I used ALL the pieces and screws/nails that came with it...what could I have done wrong... well.... we picked the bookshelf up to put against the wall and I put some of the boards backwards, so the unfinished side was showing...oops. The biggest issue, I couldn't just flip the boards around because I had nailed the back of them so the "nice" sides would now have a bunch of nail holes in them.  Next time, Chad puts it together! I had to get white paint and paint the unfinished sides. AHHHH it looks horrible now, hopefully when I fill the shelves you wont notice. It is so depressing to see how I couldn't even put a bookshelf together the right way. Oh well I tried, right? : / Here is what is SHOULD have looked like, I'll put a pic of ours up later when I fill the shelves to distract you from the mistakes I made.

I am truly exhausted from my crazy day of go, go, go but apparently the baby is wide awake and moving around. I still haven't felt anything but the doppler is a fun way to see if the baby is active or not. The heart rate today was at one point 170! Whoa, that is crazy fast if you think about the fact that my heart rate is 64. And while listening to the heart rate the baby was not staying in place. It was moving from side to side and you could hear it bumping into the doppler. I should start to feel things anytime after Sunday (16 weeks) the doctor said... hopefully soon! :) For now it is off to bed for this busy busy bee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment