Friday, June 17, 2011

Listening to the baby's heartbeat at home...

So I literally waited in the bedroom, staring out the window, waiting for the mailman today. I was so excited to get my "Sonoline B Doppler" in the mail and try it out. Well, first off it was supposed to be orange and they sent me the blue one ( I think it is a sign... they must know secretly that we are having a boy) haha. Oh how I think everything is a sign.

Well Chad and I opened it up and and we tried it. It was great! Wow it took less than a minute to find the baby's heartbeat. Obviously we found my heartbeat first but quickly after we found the baby. The heartbeat was ranging from 155 all the way up to 170 bpm. It was clear to hear and we were even able to record the sound on my cell phone (yes the baby's heartbeat is now my new ringtone). I also put a video up of it on facebook for our family and friends to see. I hope they enjoy it as much as we did. It is so hard not to just want to go do it again and again. I will never get sick of the sound of a healthy baby's heart beating. It was crazy to hear sometimes because the baby was very active. It would move in and out of the doppler's range. We would hear it loud and clear and then it would be gone and then it would come back and then gone again. Baby was moving left and right and all around. Now I just can't wait till I can actually feel the baby's activity. I keep trying to lay really still and see if I feel anything but nothing...oh well it is still early.. maybe soon though. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment